Announcing our algorithm governance services
To celebrate the launch of our algorithm governance services, we’re offering free algorithm audits, assessments or strategic advisory services up to the value of €5,000 to three organisations undertaking public interest work.
We’re open minded about what kind of organisation you are and the support you need. Some examples could be:
- A local council trying to implement an algorithm-enabled service, who would like to map algorithm harms and risks in collaboration with residents and community members.
- A charity would like to integrate AI technologies and would like to address ethical concerns during system design
- A start-up building a product or service in the public interest, who would like analysis of future obligations under the AI act and other regulatory initiatives.
- An international body trying developing internal governance guidelines for its use of algorithms.
If you’d like to be considered, please email email@example.com by 30th June with a brief description of who you are, your algorithm governance challenge, and your timeline. We expect to provide services in August - October. Depending on interest, we may ask for additional information or adjust timelines. We look forward to hearing from you.
Our algorithm governance services, formally launched today, include:
- Algorithm impact and risk assessments
- Design and implementation of AI ethics frameworks and governance structures
- Documentation for algorithm transparency, explainability, and accountability purposes
Algorithm governance isn’t new for us; indeed, we’ve been doing it since we launched and have already supported companies, international organisations, charities and government bodies. Our team has:
- Supported companies’ internal AI committees producing sector studies and strategic recommendations.
- Supported engineering and technical teams in international organisations tasked with algorithm development.
- Worked alongside civil society developing new regulatory frameworks for algorithm audit.
- Briefed regulators in the UK and EU on algorithm audit methods.
- Convened expert workshops for the European Commission to gather perspectives on algorithm audit requirements within the Digital Services Act.
We’re experts in technology governance and specialise in complex data processing environments and governance challenges, and we’re organised around a mission: to advance and support data rights.
Read more about our algorithm governance service, sign up for our algorithm governance newsletter or get in touch!