Call for Copy Editors
Open Call for Copy Editors
AWO started in January 2020. We are an entirely remote team, and you will join us at an exciting time as we continue to develop as an organisation.
We are looking for experienced copy editors to join our pool of on-call editors. Copy editors will be expected to proofread and copy-edit AWO technical reports and press releases in accordance with in-house style and formatting guidelines. Ideal applicants will be meticulous, with professional copyediting experience in English; have the ability to understand complex technical information; and be comfortable with the digital environment. Good communication skills and experience in online publishing a plus.
Your data will be treated in accordance with our Employee & Contractor Data Processing Notice.
- Proofread and copyedit texts in English
- Review submitted materials and hyperlinks / URLs for functionality and relevance
- Review and implement change requests prior to publication
- Problem solve issues with AWO team members
- At least 2 years of professional proofreading and copyediting experience, or relevant experience working with technical writing
- Strong knowledge of technical writing, with focus on data protection, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Excellent written English and great communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills, as well as an ability to work self-directed
- Detail oriented in approach and accurate in execution
Please send the following to email@example.com:
* Name, address, and contact information (phone and email)
* 1-2 examples of past technical work, in English
* Copy of CV
* Availability/ Notice required