Algorithm Governance Newsletter
Algorithm Governance Roundup is a new monthly newsletter to support and connect with organisations working on algorithm governance, with a special focus on the UK and EU. Every month we will share technical and regulatory developments, job listings, publications, and advertise events.
We are a small team who select content from public sources. If you would like to share content please email us. Our only criteria for submission is that the update relates to algorithm governance, with emphasis on the second word: governance. The purpose of this newsletter is to examine the field of assessing and auditing algorithms, mitigating algorithm harms, and championing accountability for everyone who interacts with algorithmic systems.
- November 2022 - Community spotlight: Liz Adams, CDEI | UK Algorithmic Transparency Standard
- December 2022 - Community spotlight: Dr Gemma Galdon-Clavell, Eticas Foundation | Minimising discrimination in hiring practices
- January 2023 - Community spotlight: European Centre for Algorithmic Transparency | Dutch regulator for algorithms
- February 2023 - Community Spotlight: Matthias Spielkamp, AlgorithmWatch | Deadline for VLOPs designation
- March 2023 - Community spotlight: Stiftung Neue Verantwortung | Rotterdam risk-scoring of welfare claimants
- April 2023 - Community Spotlight: Ramak Molavi Vasse’i, Mozilla | ChatGPT and LLMs